Welcome to Hope International University!
We welcome applications from international students from all over the world. We encourage well-qualified international students who desire an excellent education in a Christian community to apply for our bachelor’s degree programs.
The following requirements must be met before a student can be fully accepted into Hope International University:
- Application for Admission. You may either:
- Apply online (you must have a credit card to pay the $50 application fee) OR
- Download and complete the application and send it in with a $50 application fee
- Two reference forms: Church Leader Reference Form and Educator/Employer Reference Form
- 一个个人声明. Write a one page (at least 350 words) composition explaining your desire to attend Hope International University. Include:
- Why you have chosen to study at 澳门现金赌钱官网
- The influence of your family and church on your decision to attend 澳门现金赌钱官网
- How you see your educational goals as being useful in advancing the mission of Christ
- What factors are most important to you in making a final college choice?
- Proof of Academic Eligibility. Academic requirements considered for acceptance are:
- Minimum US equivalent of a 2.5 high school (secondary school) grade point average (GPA).
- Minimum US equivalent of a 2.0 college (post secondary school) grade point average (GPA) -- for a transfer student.
Official high school (secondary school) and/or university transcripts must be sent directly from the school or institution. Original documents must be in English. We accept translations from any recognized official translation agency with their seal of authenticity and accuracy. Personal translations will not be accepted.
All foreign transcripts must be sent to an agency for evaluation according to the United States grading system. Student athletes must send their transcript to InCred International Credentail Evaluations. For all other students, we recommend the following International Academic Credential Evaluation Services: World Education Services, American Education Research Corporation, Global Services Associates, International Educational Research Foundation, and Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute. Fees for transcript evaluation will be paid by the student.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency - Students must meet one of the following (note: Hope's testing code is 4614):
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- 83 iBT (Internet-based Test)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 6.5 overall scope band, with 6.0 minimum sub-score
- SAT score of 900 or higher, or
- ACT score of 20 or higher, or
- A year of university credit earned (24 credits) and approved by the Hope International University Registrar. (For example: course transfer credit, International Baccalaureate, A-level examination marks). These credits must demonstrate English proficiency.
- Proof of Financial Support - Students must be able to verify they have the financial ability to support their stay in the U.S. We require:
- An Affidavit of Financial Support form AND
- A current bank statement or official letter from the bank verifying funds to meet expenses for one year as indicated on the Affidavit of Financial Support.
- SEVIS Application Form (for first-time F-1 visa students without an active SEVIS record) or Transfer Request Form (for transfer students with a current F-1 visa and a SEVIS record at another U.S. institution).
- Student Health History and Insurance Assessment
- Residence Hall Application
- Reference for Transfer Students - Transfer Students Only (students transferring from another university to Hope International University)
- Pay the $550 International Student Deposit - Please see the "Getting a Visa" tab for more information
International students are eligible for consideration of academic or athletic scholarships. Students of Hope International University cannot receive both an academic and athletic scholarship.
It is Hope International University's policy that all international students pay all tuition, room, board and fees in advance of enrollment for classes for their initial semester.
Hope reserves the right to require one full academic year of tuition before issuing an I-20 document. At a minimum, an initial deposit of $550 must be paid in order to obtain the I-20 . Please contact [email protected] for instructions on paying your deposit. This advance payment will remain on the student’s account until the student arrives at Hope and will be used towards the first semester of tuition, room, board and fees. This deposit is non-refundable.
When the student arrives on campus, he or she will be required to pay the remaining balance for the current semester of tuition, room, board, and fees prior to enrollment for classes. Following the required deposits and payments within the first semester, international students are to pay tuition, room, board and fees in full for each subsequent semester in order for registration to be processed.
After you have been accepted to Hope and made your deposit . . .
- You will receive your I-20 (for F-1 students)
- The Designated School Official (DSO) will send you a document known as the Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status (I-20 for short!) We cannot send you an I-20 until you are accepted and make your deposit. Hope International University is required by U.S. Federal law to determine through written application that you, the student, are qualified academically, linguistically, and financially to pursue an academic program at the University.
- Please allow 3 weeks from the time you have been accepted and made your deposit to receive your I-20 .
- Apply for the F-1 visa. Complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160)
- Do not make your interview appointment before you receive your I-20/DS-2019! Although the I-20/DS-2019 may reach you within a week of your deposit, there may be delays in mail service. If you need to overnight or rush your I-20/DS-2019, Hope reserves the right to ask the student to make up the cost.
- If you are curious as to how long it may take you to make an appointment with the U.S. Consulate or Embassy, see Visa Wait Times website.
- When you receive your I-20 , make an interview appointment with the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your area.
Pay the I-901 fee online. Be sure to keep the payment receipt to take to your interview appointment!
Gather all necessary documents to take with you to the interview.
- Do not make your interview appointment before you receive your I-20 ! Although the I-20 may reach you within a week of your deposit, there may be delays in mail service. If you need to overnight or rush your I-20 , Hope reserves the right to ask the student to make up the cost.
- If you are curious as to how long it may take you to make an appointment with the U.S. Consulate or Embassy, see Visa Appointment Wait Times.
Relax, and get ready for a great interview! Be ready to answer all questions honestly and thoroughly, including what you will be studying in the U.S. and how you will pay for your studies. If you are granted a visa, keep all of the above documents plus your visa to show when you enter the United States.
Contact the International Student Programs Office at [email protected] to let us know the result of your visa interview! Please also let us know your travel arrangements, when you will arrive at Hope and if you would like us to meet you at the airport. If you would like us to meet you at the airport, please email the ISP Office the name of your airline, your flight number, and arrival date and time at least two weeks in advance. The earliest you can arrive in the United States is 30 days before the program start date on your I-20.
When you arrive at Hope, please contact the ISP office to make an appointment with your DSO for SEVIS registration.
- Form I-20 (be sure to sign on page 1)
- Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160, confirmation page
- Receipt for visa application fee
- Receipt for I-901 fee
- Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. If the photo upload fails, you must bring one printed photo in the prescribed format.
- Valid Passport for travel to the United States
- Documentary evidence of financial support (such as a sponsor or school scholarship letter)
- Certified, original bank statement or statement of income
- Acceptance letter from Hope International University
- TOEFL or IELTS score report
- Any information that proves that you will return to your home country after finishing your studies in the U.S. This may include proof of property, family, or other ties to your community.
Tips for Receiving a Student Visa to the United States (printable PDF document).
Visa Tips and Resources (printable PDF document)